Present position :
- Consultant Surgical Oncologist, Apollo Gleneagles Cancer Hospital, Salt Lake , Kolkata
- In- Charge, Dept of Oncology, Calcutta Heart Clinic, Salt Lake
- Empanelled Oncologist - Park Clinic,
Belle Vue clinic
Past Experience :
Resident Medical officer - Cancer Centre & Welfare Home, Thakurpukur.
Visiting Surgeon and subsequently In-charge - Dept of Surgical Oncology, Cancer Centre & Welfare Home till 2003
Consultant surgical oncologist - Kothari Medical Centre,
AMRI hospital Dhakuria
Altogether more than twenty five years of surgical oncology practice in Kolkata carrying out vast numbers of complicated abdominal, head and neck and breast cancers.
- Good number of presentations and CME lectures in both national and international levels.
- Delivered orations and guest lectures including the prestigious Prof. Amiya Sen Memorial Oration.
- Received the award for Professional Excellency from A.S.I.
- Edited the News Letter on cancer for many years and has many publications including articles and editorials in national dailies on subjects relating to societal issues of cancer.
- Organized state and national level surgical and oncological conferences and international workshops with WHO collaboration.
Visited as observer and fellow :
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, NY, USA
- NIH Washington, USA
- Free University Hospital Amsterdam,
- Christie Hospital, Manchester
- The Memorial Regional Cancer Hospital Miami USA
- Hony. Secretary of Indian Cancer Sosiety.
- Founder Secretary, CROP Charitable Trust
- Vice President, Colostomy Association of India
- Advisor, Committee on Cancer awareness, RI district 3291
- Member Association of Surgeons of India
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Indian Medical Association and Indian Academy of Medical Specialists.
Magic and Medicine
Surgery Sans masks
Unknown and unseen fears.
cancer prevent technology